Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Minor Prophets Greatest Hits (Hosea)



Hosea

Hosea 1:7


Yet I will show love to Judah; and I will save them—not by bow, sword or battle, or by horses and horsemen, but I, the Lord their God, will save them.”


Hosea 6:2


After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.


Hosea 9:7-8



The days of punishment are coming,
the days of reckoning are at hand.
Let Israel know this.
Because your sins are so many
and your hostility so great,
the prophet is considered a fool,
the inspired person a maniac.
The prophet, along with my God,
is the watchman over Ephraim,
yet snares await him on all his paths,
and hostility in the house of his God.


Hosea 9:16


Ephraim is blighted,
their root is withered,
they yield no fruit.
Even if they bear children,
I will slay their cherished offspring.


Hosea 11:1



“When Israel was a child, I loved him,
and out of Egypt I called my son.



Hosea 10:12



Sow righteousness for yourselves,
reap the fruit of unfailing love,
and break up your unplowed ground;
for it is time to seek the Lord,
until he comes
and showers his righteousness on you.


Hosea 12:6


But you must return to your God;
maintain love and justice,
and wait for your God always.


Hosea 14:9



Who is wise? Let them realize these things.
Who is discerning? Let them understand.
The ways of the Lord are right;
the righteous walk in them,
but the rebellious stumble in them.

No comments: