Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Minor Prophets Greatest Hits (Micah, cont)




Micah 6:8


He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 7:2-3


The faithful have been swept from the land;
not one upright person remains.
Everyone lies in wait to shed blood;
they hunt each other with nets.
Both hands are skilled in doing evil;
the ruler demands gifts,
the judge accepts bribes,
the powerful dictate what they desire—
they all conspire together

(Again, sound familiar yet?)

Micah 7:6


"...a man’s enemies are the members of his own household."


Micah 7:9-10


Because I have sinned against him,
I will bear the Lord’s wrath,
until he pleads my case
and upholds my cause.
He will bring me out into the light;
I will see his righteousness.
Then my enemy will see it
and will be covered with shame,
she who said to me,
“Where is the Lord your God?”
My eyes will see her downfall;
even now she will be trampled underfoot
like mire in the streets.


Micah 7:15


“As in the days when you came out of Egypt,
I will show them my wonders.”

(This is now. 
Do you actually believe the story about Moses and Pharaoh and the Plagues etc?
You should, because he did this then (showed them his wonders) and he is doing it again. This time however? It will be on a scale larger than before because of the time that it is.)


No comments: