Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Dr. R.G. Lee's list of conversion excuses and questions



Excuse 14.

"God is unjust."


Answer: Who is God? Who are you? Injustice is sin. Do you mean to accuse God of sin? God is so just that he never demands two payments for one debt. Jesus paid your sin debt on the cross-all of it. Therefore, when you accept Christ you do not have that sin debt to pay.

Excuse 15.

"Folks would laugh."


Answer: Better to let them laugh than to have God Laugh. "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." (Proverbs 1:26). Shun evil companions. "Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.." "The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble." (Proverbs 4:14, 19). Do not be ashamed of Christ. 
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him I also will deny before my father which is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32, 33).


Excuse 16.

"Not now."


Answer: Every time you say no, it is more difficult to say yes. The time and day is now. "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day od salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2)

Seek the lord while he may be found. Delay is decision for the wrong way. "Today, if you will." saith the Lord, tomorrow is the day when the idle man works, the thief becomes honest, the drunkard sober. Tomorrow is a period nowhere to be found except, perhaps, in the fools calendar, God's call is not a call for tomorrow but for today.
Dr. Lee says of the above, "In this manner do I deal with excuse-makers. With many excuse-makers I have had success. With some I have not.


Proverbs 27:1 

Do not boast about tomorrow,
    for you do not know what a day may bring.


Proverbs 29:1

Whoever remains stiff-necked after many rebukes
    will suddenly be destroyed—without remedy.


Isaiah 55:6 

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
    call on him while he is near.


Hebrews 2:3 

how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.





No comments: