Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Yeah

 


they are :-).


Well my soul checked out missing as I sat listening to the hours and minutes ticking away

Yeah just sitting around waiting for my life to begin while it was all just slipping away

And I'm tired of waiting for tomorrow to come or that train to come roaring 'round the bend

I got a new suit of clothes and a pretty red rose and a woman I can call my friend


These are better days, baby

Yeah there's better days shining through

These are better days, baby

Better days with a girl like you


Well I took a piss at fortune's sweet kiss, it's like eating caviar and dirt

It's a sad funny ending to find yourself pretending a rich man in a poor man's shirt

Now my ass was dragging when from a passing gypsy wagon, your heart like a diamond shone

Tonight I'm lying in your arms carving lucky charms yeah out of these hard luck bones


These are better days, baby

These are better days, it's true

These are better days, baby

There's better days shining through


Now a life of leisure and a pirate's treasure don't make much for tragedy

It's a sad man my friend who's living in his own skin and can't stand the company

Every fool's got a reason to feeling sorry for himself and turning his heart to stone

Tonight this fool's halfway to heaven and just a mile outta hell and I feel like I'm coming home


These are better days, baby

There's better days shining through

These are better days, baby

Better days with a girl like you..."


No comments: