Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"Be



 glad you got a job."
How bout fuck no?
How's that suit ya?
Aint gonna.

Always wanted to say that :-).
Always.
Believe it or not?
I've been holding back somewhat.
No more.

Economist are dumbfounded at the historically low workforce participation rates of the last few years.
They can't figure it out.
Clowns.

How bout this?
These jobs aren't worth it.
They don't pay enough.
Why work for peanuts and barely get by and not have a life and basically be an indentured servant when you can do largely the same working lil odd jobs or hardly working at all?
You can work your whole life with these shitty ass jobs with nitwit ass kissin managers and you're never gonna have enough to retire on or put your kids through school.
So why even bother trying?

This millennial generation has some of it figured out.
Wanna know the two things that have driven economic recoveries in the past?
The housing market and the automotive sector.
This time the housing market caused the damn recession.
There is a whole generation out there and maybe it's even going to be cross-generational that is saying, "I don't need or want your big fancy house and being in debt up to my eyeballs with no more security than these jobs provide."
Same thing with the vehicles.
They don't want your big fancy status symbols.
They want a reliable way to get around, if that means a bike or public transport?
Then so be it, look at the cost savings.
Thats why your recovery is so sluggish.
Duh.

Jobs I had in my lifetime that paid me what I was worth?
0.
None.
Nada.
Zilch.
It was always, "Oh you do this and we're gonna take care of you."
Then they never would.
Never mind the performance I had already delivered that wasn't being rewarded.
Oh hell no don't ever mention that.
It was always if you want more?
Then do more.
Most the time it was, "Oh hell no we're not going to pay you any more, here, we're adding this on to your responsibilities."
Corporations just have way to much power in this country.
I know a seventeen year old that would agree :-).
Lots of the rest of the industrialized world looks at us like we're nuts.
We work longer hours and are more productive for less pay and less benefits and have the smallest social safety net in the free world.
For what?
So you can go in debt up to your eyeballs with a big fancy house, go to Florida two times a year and want and live like everyone else?
Fuck your consumerism capitalism.
You can have it.
Agian
How bout no thanks.

When I figured out I was never going to have enough to retire on no matter how much I saved was the day I said fuck it I'm not beating my head up against this wall anymore.
I'm going to live now why I still got some good years left in this aging body of mine.

Every recovery since every recession going back to the late 70's has resulted in fewer and fewer good paying jobs.
People finally are saying fuck it.
This aint worth it.

The people that didn't live it?
They don't understand.
Can't I suppose.
It's not their reality.

There Mr Economist.
Thats your explanation for the historically low workforce participation rates of the last few years.
Nitwits.

No comments: