Wednesday, June 29, 2016

So



I go to our county's public library the other day.
I went to check out some movies for me and Christian and Haile to watch after the boys have went to bed.
Christian canceled his satellite service for a while so he can sign up as a new customer in a bit and get a better deal. 
I haven't had TV for three out of the past four years.
Christian put up a pretty decent antenna that pulls some local channels, PBS etc.
But still, after a while?
Kinda wanna watch something different even if you've seen it 100 times already. 
So, the library beats driving across the river to a redbox location plus it's free.
Pretty decent selection as well.

Anyway, off to the library.
I thought, hey, I'll get a book for myself to read as well.
I don't even know why this title popped into my head but it did.

So I go in.
Keep in mind I've provided basic computer and some office classes to some of the current Library staff so they know me.

Me: "I'd like to see if you can get a book through the interlibrary loan program for me please."
Staff member: "Have you checked our website? We might have it here."
Me: "I really don't think you're gonna have it."
Staff member: "Well you never know, you might wanna try and see. What's the name of the book?"
Me: "Psychotic re..."
Staff member: "Yeah we're probably not gonna have it."
Me: "Wait till you here the whole title, 'Psychotic reactions and carburetor dung."
Staff member: "Let me see what I can find, we will let you know one way or another if we can get it or not."


Me: "Psychotic re..."
Staff member: "Yeah we're not gonna have it."
Priceless



No comments: