Monday, June 20, 2016

YESTERDAY



Made it official. 

Became a member of New Chapel United Methodist Church yesterday. Father's day :-). The church is over 200 years old. I'm gonna try and get the rest of this right. I believe I was told the land was deeded over from a family farm and a trust fund then set up to run operations. It's not a Station Church in that a preacher from another church is it's pastor. Bro Joe preaches at Lewisport UMC right down the road as well. Works great for me :- ), our service is at 9:30 AM, if I wanna sleep late I can attend Lewisport UMC and see the same pastor deliver usually just about the same message. From what I've read, it seems like I remember there were bands of traveling Methodist Preachers that roamed the countryside by horseback, carriage, mule, whatever and went from church to church preaching on Sundays. Some ministering to as many as seven churches. I remember Bro Joe said he had three at one time. 


Love it.





No comments: