Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Minor Prophets Greatest Hits (Zechariah)




Zechariah 1:3-6


Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty. Do not be like your ancestors, to whom the earlier prophets proclaimed: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Turn from your evil ways and your evil practices.’ But they would not listen or pay attention to me, declares the Lord. Where are your ancestors now? And the prophets, do they live forever? But did not my words and my decrees, which I commanded my servants the prophets, overtake your ancestors?

“Then they repented and said, 
‘The Lord Almighty has done to us what our ways and practices deserve, just as he determined to do.’”


Zechariah 2:11


“Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you.


Zechariah 3:7


“This is what the Lord Almighty says:
‘If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, 
then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, 
and I will give you a place among these standing here.


Zechariah 3:9


See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.




Zechariah 4:6


So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:

‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty


Zechariah 4:14


So he said, “These are the two who are anointed to serve the Lord of all the earth.”


Zechariah 7:9-11


“This is what the Lord Almighty said:
 ‘Administer true justice;
show mercy and compassion to one another. 
Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, 
the foreigner or the poor. 
Do not plot evil against each other.’
 “But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and covered their ears.

(Sound like our times yet?)


Zechariah 7:13


“‘When I called, they did not listen; 
so when they called, I would not listen,’ 
says the Lord Almighty.


Zechariah 8:9


This is what the Lord Almighty says: 
“Now hear these words, 
‘Let your hands be strong so that the temple may be built.’ 
This is also what the prophets said who were present when the foundation was laid for the house of the Lord Almighty.

(Again, not just that physical temple being built in Jerusalem during that time, 
but be strong for building of the new temple that comes at the end of days)


Zechariah 8:11-12


But now I will not deal with the remnant of this people as I did in the past,” 
declares the Lord Almighty.

“The seed will grow well, 
the vine will yield its fruit, 
the ground will produce its crops, 
and the heavens will drop their dew.
 I will give all these things as an inheritance to the remnant of this people.


No comments: