Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Minor Prophets Greatest Hits (Zechariah cont)




Zechariah 8:16


These are the things you are to do: 
Speak the truth to each other, 
and render true and sound judgment in your courts;


Zechariah 10:1-2
The Lord Will Care for Judah


Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime;
it is the Lord who sends the thunderstorms.
He gives showers of rain to all people,
and plants of the field to everyone.
The idols speak deceitfully,
diviners see visions that lie;
they tell dreams that are false,
they give comfort in vain.
Therefore the people wander like sheep
oppressed for lack of a shepherd.

Zechariah 10:6


“I will strengthen Judah
and save the tribes of Joseph.
I will restore them
because I have compassion on them.
They will be as though
I had not rejected them,
for I am the Lord their God
and I will answer them.


Zechariah 11:8-9


In one month I got rid of the three shepherds.

The flock detested me, 
and I grew weary of them and said, 
“I will not be your shepherd. 
Let the dying die, 
and the perishing perish. 
Let those who are left eat one another’s flesh.”


Zechariah 13:9


This third I will put into the fire;
I will refine them like silver
and test them like gold.
They will call on my name
and I will answer them;
I will say, ‘They are my people,’
and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’”

No comments: