Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Is it?

 


"Is it too much for you?

 To see the truth?

Every time you look in my face?"




I dont know what you hear in that lyric 
but I know what I hear:


Philippians 1:28:

Don't be intimidated 
in any way by your enemies. 
This will be a sign to them 
that they are going to be destroyed, 
but that you are going to be saved, 
even by God himself.

and true belief, 
lived out in love, is a powerful testimony."

At some point?
After much:
Laughing at?
Mocked at?
Made fun of?
Persecuted?
Guffaws (WOD BTW)
Knee slapping 
Etc?

At some point?
 It just sinks in to your adversaries,
something like:

"Holy s%$#, 
it doesn't matter 
what we do to this guy,
he just keeps on goin on regardless...

Even to death I believe he would...

Maybe there is something to what he believes in, etc"


At that point?
That is when the adversaries realize:

"they are going to be destroyed, 
(as in their soul, eternally)
but that you are going to be saved"

They look at you 
and see your salvation 
assured by your faith, 
and the manner in which 
you live out your life etc.

But the reflection they get back?
 Is their own destruction.

Thats
 the jealousy/envy component 
more than:
A stunningly radiant, intelligent wife, 
Nice things, 
Wealth, 
Status, 
Prestige,
Knowledge
Understanding
etc...

Thats not what they are jealous of.

"they are going to be destroyed, 
but that you are going to be saved"

THAT
is what they are jealous of.

It's so simple to rectify but most choose not to.
Most are just content 
to stay in their comfort zone 
of jealousy /envy etc 
and its a shame, it really is...


So I'll ask again:


"Is it too much for you?

 To see the truth?

Every time you look in my face?"


Let me tell you something 
and take it to heart 
and get it straight:

I will not waiver.
I will not falter.
I will not rest.
I will not sit still.
I will proclaim the good news of mans salvation through the blood of Christ poured out for all of us.
I will say it everyday I can at the top of my lungs
for as long as I am able.
I will not water it down or dilute the word of God for mans current trendiness.
Ever.
I'm just unable to do so even if I wanted.

I'll put it another way:

Matthew 5:15

Neither do people light a lamp
and put it under a basket. 
Instead, 
they set it on a stand, 
and it gives light 
to everyone in the house.

I will not apologize for it and I will not care who it offends.
Ever.

If something "offends" you?
You might wanna think about why that is.
That is evidence 
that something needs further investigation by you 
to try and figure out 
why it is you are so offended if you ask me.

You'd think after this long?
People would have figured it out by now, 
but no, 
a dog returns to its vomit 
and a clean pig to the mud etc...

Anyways lol.

I always loved Steve Van Zandt.
Saw him when he was with the E street Band 
on September 13, 1981, 
Cincinnati, Ohio.
Riverfront Coliseum












No comments: