wants to make you successful
he doesn't start
by giving you comfort.
He starts by taking it away.
He will test you patience
in ways you don't understand.
He will put you in situations
where nothing makes sense.
(Do I ever remember,
praying on my knees:
crying, begging
"I just want it all to make sense!"
At one point in my life?
It was literally all I wanted:
"Just make it all make sense!")
"He will isolate you.
Not to hurt you
but to grow you.
Because in silence
you hear him clearer."
(Psalm 46:10
Be still
and know that I am God.)
"In struggle
you discover
your strength"
(Makes me think of a certain preacher friend of mine...
shes female lol.
Romans 5:3-5
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
It is a big reason why
I just can not stand
all this pretribulation rapture
garbage.
Not to mention the fact
as has been pointed out repeatedly
that it contradicts so much other scripture,
and that it would seem like
if that was the way
it was all going to go down
at the end of this age?
Christ himself
would have explicitly said so.
He never once did.
Plus it didn't come on the scene till the 1800's.
etc...its just a no-brainer it just really is.)
"and in uncertainty
your faith gets built.
He will challenge you
again and again.
Until the old version
of you breaks.
And a stronger,
wiser version
is born.
Because before he gives you
the life you dream of,
he builds the person
who can actually handle it
protect it and not loose it.
So if you are going
through a hard season right now
don't see it as punishment
see it as preparation."
I have no idea
who was talking in the video
the IG account I got this from
didnt say.
All I know is
she was an older woman
and the video didn't look
to be that recent.
If I had not
come to understand:
"He will challenge you
again and again.
Until the old version
of you breaks.
And a stronger,
wiser version
is born."
was the exact process
that I was going through?
(And It took a long time
to come to that realization BTW
Years...Like 7 or 8...
go figure lol)
But if I hadn't come to understand
what was going on and why?
I would not have made it through it.
And it is for that reason
and that reason alone I can say
with full confidence:
"I just wanna thank God
Im alive and well enough
to be with you here today."
(SRV quote BTW)
I am also reminded me of John Wesleys
leading to
"Christian perfection"
etc...
"Leads to Christian perfection,
not sinless perfection or a state
where mistakes are impossible,
but a heart fully governed by pure,
perfect love for God and neighbor."
And love warns
of impending judgement(s),
it doesn't say:
"We get out of here
before all the trouble starts."
In the caption of the video posted it said:
"This reflects
a love
that chooses
the other’s ease
over its own suffering."
The same account
but a different video
of an unknown elderly man
spiting some truth...
"Any woman can be replaced
(Or man)
but the one who stood by you
when you had nothing,
supported you
at your lowest,
Encouraged you
when no one believed,
and chose you
over men
who could give her the world?
That kinda woman
(Or man)
IS
irreplaceable."
And I know it
and that is why
I sing to honey lyrics
from an R.L. Burnside song
we both like:
"I'm going with you baby,
I'm going with you baby,
I'm going with you baby,
and I don't care where you go..."
And I know
she feels the same
because,
as she told me once:
"You saw me
when I was invisible."
So yeah...
Were stuck with each other lol.
How blessed are we?
Pretty blessed.
"The weight of your assignment
is synonymous with
the weight of your pain."
Philip Anthony Mitchell
And all of that
just happened to have found me yesterday,
and it is all very appropriate
for our particular circumstances right now.
I've said it a million times:
"I dont go looking for things...
They just find me."
And the timing just gives it away
who is driving the process...
It really does.
No comments:
Post a Comment