Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Fits

 



Ball Of Confusion
(That's What The World Is Today)

Temptations 1970



One, two, one, two, three, four, ow


People moving out, people moving in

Why, because of the color of their skin

Run, run, run but you sure can't hide


An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth

Vote for me and I'll set you free

Rap on, brother, rap on


Well, the only person talking about love thy brother is the preacher

And it seems nobody's interested in learning but the teacher

Segregation, determination, demonstration, integration

Aggravation, humiliation, obligation to our nation


Ball of confusion

Oh yeah, that's what the world is today

Woo, hey, hey


The sale of pills are at an all time high

Young folks walking round with their heads in the sky

The cities ablaze in the summer time


And oh, the beat goes on


Evolution, revolution, gun control, sound of soul

Shooting rockets to the moon, kids growing up too soon

Politicians say more taxes will solve everything


And the band played on


So, round and around and around we go

Where the world's headed, nobody knows


Oh, great googa-looga, can't you hear me talking to you

Just a ball of confusion

Oh yeah, that's what the world is today

Woo, hey


Fear in the air, tension everywhere

Unemployment rising fast, the Beatles new record's a gas


And the only safe place to live is on an Indian reservation


And the band played on


Eve of destruction, tax deduction, city inspectors, bill collectors

Mod clothes in demand, population out of hand, suicide, too many bills

Hippies moving to the hills, people all over the world are shouting, end the war


And the band played on


Great googa-looga, can't you hear me talking to you

Sayin' ball of confusion

That's what the world is today, hey, hey

Let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya

Sayin', ball of confusion

That's what the world is today, hey, hey


Let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya

Ball of confusion...

No comments: