Monday, June 18, 2007

Great things about the 07 W.C. Handy Blues Fest, in no particular order

1. The ticket price. 2. Seeing Bruce, "Sawdust Pie" Stewart for the 1st time in 8 years. 3. Tab Benoit...... 4. All the Bands 5. All the bands guitar players 6. Tab Benoit... 7. "When a Cajun man gets the blues" 8. "Yock-a-mo feen-o and-dan-day, Yock-a-mo feen-o and-dan-day." 9. "Hey now, hey now, iko iko ande... 10."Good bye Joe, I got to go, meio myio, son of a gun we're gonna have big fun on the bayou" 11. All the friends 12. "I'm 33 years old, and I've seen a lot of shows, but I ain't never seen anybody play guitar like that..." 13. "You were right, he's (Tab Benoit) unbelievable..... 14. "I'm going to Dog Hill...Where the pretty women at" 15. Purple shinny hat lady 16. T-shirt guy 17. Spasmoid moe de 18. "Dirty Dishes..." 19. "Big thighs, lord I love those big thighs..." 20. James Cotton's Band (good god almighty they were hot!!) 21. Tab Benoit 22. James Cotton's otherwordly sounding harmonica licks... 23. John Nemeths red suit 24. Lil Charlie and the Nightcats vintage threads and gear 25. Waffle House at 2 AM..."Would you like bacon, sausage or ham with that?" "Yes", "Was that yes to bacon? sausage? or ham? "Yes", "To all three?" "Yes, to all three." 26. "You doin' okay up there?" "Long as I keep one eye closed I am..." 27. Tab Benoit 28. Seeing Georgia and not even knowing it was her. 29. ...and on and on it goes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.