Monday, January 19, 2015

Feel



much better.
First time I felt like sitting at the computer for two or three days lol.
Thank goodness for my phone I guess.

Let see.
Got to the Dr. had to wait a while longer.
Whatever, beats a drive to Obro and they understand I know what I have and they just give me what I need.
Got med.
And two shots in the ass lol.
Steroid shot hurt like a mother.
Both worked really quickly though.

Went to bank to deposit Nicks money.
Closed.
MLK day.
Went to store.
Got fruit and some two litters.
Ginger ale and sprite.
Mom brought over diner.
Pork chops, mashed potatoes, peas, green beans, rolls, I just had a veggie plate.
Slept from 12-3:30?
Got up at 5.
Company was nice for diner.
Good idea.
They had seen how I do things before and had most everything set up when I got up,
Literally just got up and ate.
Helped mom clean up. 
Nich as well.
Got through bills.
Got organized for the next few days on to do list.
Nich's asleep.
He has school tomorrow.

I have a four o'clock meeting.
Nice.
Idiots.
This alert they are bitching about has probably come in hundreds or maybe thousands of times.
Major. 
Yellow.
No page.
Ever.
Five years.
Alert actually says under the Actions tab:
Priorty: Low.
Action: Non-actionable.
And we were supposed to know to write a high priority ticket and page?
It's a fucking funny farm of idiots all trying to make themselves look better than others which always backfires in the long run you bunch of brainiacks, as opposed to working together not worrying about credit (which will always find it's rightful place eventually), and trying to fix anything.
I mean I will just look at these mother fuckers like "Bitch, I couldn't walk two days ago. You think I am worried about this bullshit?" I dare the "Management Consultant", I use that term loosely btw, you know? the one I've seen one time in five years, cause, you know, that's a successful team strategy. Nobody leads by example anymore. No one. Or for New Age to say anything about my mustache or clothing either. "I drive 90 miles one way to work 6x a month, I got a better attendance and promptness record that most that only live 30 minutes away. I got a 16 year old boy I have to put on my insurance policy in seven months, we have to pay for our own parking now, our insurance cost more, we're all working for less now than we were four years ago, I have one raise in five years and you wanna come in here and talk about facial hair and and a wardrobe? I work 6 PM to 6AM you ought to see what some of these HP techs look like at 3 in the AM. Them and the EMC techs and the security guard on his rounds is who all we see at night. You're about ready to loose seven long term employees and maybe the contract for New Age. Do you really want me to continue?..." Of course he doesn't, it that old Nietzsche thing, "Nobody wants their illusions shattered."

Always always always got to have more ammo to fire back with than what they have to give and always got to be willing to always have more ass then they got teeth...cause they know your fucking right. This is just her wanting to make it look like our fault and the real question from her manager should be: "Why didn't your guys know how to handle this alert Laura? You've been down there for over two years. We've had the new alerting system for over a year. Can you explain or try and have this makes sense to me?
And have witnesses during the meeting. And record it. Have everybody take notes. Have a legal pad and pen for her. Write the handwriting on the wall right in front of her. Thats how kewlrockin daddy would roll. I guarantee you it's what I would do. I learned a lot from running a three million dollar a year operation. This may just be her sink or swim moment. Kindred HR left the door open for Kenny to come back within a year and manage the NOC. That's a lil odd and seems like it's there for a reason. Everybody's hopin' anyway.  

This song is always important on today. 
This is the tour I saw them on in Rupp arena. 
Slept on a air mattress to overnight to get the tickets. 
There was no ticketmaster then.
Word of mouth.
Very few if any cell phones either.
Old school.
If I remember right I had to get my shift covered at work as well.
Awesome.
Peak of their power to me.
Everyone knew Joshua Tree was going to be huge.
They way underestimated.
They went from playing arenas to playing stadiums in six months.
They were the "next big thing" for about three years solid.
I remember hearing "With or without you" for the first time driving to Nashville for Spring break in college.
I knew who the artist was and that the song was from the new album within a second or two.
Life changing.
These guys, Stones, SRV, Bruce, all of them were, others as well.






No comments: