Saturday, August 29, 2015

Yesterday :-).


8 AM
Heavy dew, fresh cut grass from day before, dogs are all a mess lol.



8:30.
Two deer hams three boston butts, two with rub, one with just salt and pepper.




Panning it up time. Ready to slather with dip.



Back on the smoker.



Christian said he always wondered what it would take to fill the smoker up.
Well we found out.
Two chickens, three boston butts, two deer hams and three racks of ribs.
(Could have got two more racks of ribs on the rib holder but close enough enough.
Hailey was ready to put the creek fries on and Christian told her there wasn't room.
She thought he was kidding lol.




Almost there :-).




That smile somebody says she loves :-).



Honey glaze time.
Thats six lbs of honey going into seven pans just in case anybody is counting :-).
Along with some more salt and pepper.




Oh my goodness :-)
Notice the ribs are gone?
That was the appetizer.
Bout filled everybody up lol.
Lil more smokiness to go. 





The nine and a half hour pulled pork sandwiches.
Straight hickory this time.
Temp stayed 200-250 most of the time, got out of hand a couple times but was dropped right back down.
If somebody wanted to put sauce on these I'd want to kill 'em.
Same with anybody from TN that wanted to put coleslaw on them first without tasting them.
If that your regions thing? 
Thats fine, I get that everywhere has there own thing, but at least try it first without the coleslaw on it. 
If you decide you want it on the sandwich after that? 
Well, then I wouldn't have such a problem with it.
But it still ruins the sandwich if you ask me.
Put that shit on the side lol.




Nero and the other dogs enjoyed their bones.
I take Nero back to Christians just bout everyday for a couple of hours.
It wears him out playin with momma and his brother.
He was back there yesterday from 8 AM till 9:30 PM.
He has only been up for a lil while today, he keeps falling back asleep lol.




Tada!
Christian putting the last of the dip on the meat.
Thats a mop btw lol.

The running joke was:
"What do you have for sides?"
"Well there's pulled pork."
"Okay, but what do you have for sides?"
"Well there's chicken."
"Okay but what do you have for sides?"
"Well there's ribs."
"Okay, but what do you have for sides?"
"Well there's some deer hams."
"Okay but what do you have for sides?"
"Oh, over there somewhere, I think there are some creek fries."
I reminded those that were there previously for the turkey we smoked that we only had creek fries for a side that time as well :-).




"I'd call that livin'"
Seems like I remember somebody telling me once :-).
Know who that was Bambi?
I think you do.

I'll put our BBQ, as well as my guacamole and strawberry lemonade against anybodys, anywhere, anytime.

Just wish you were there.
Nich too.

So who's gonna help me do all this down there Bambi?
Lots to learn sweetheart.
It's exhausting.
But oh so worth it in the end.
Reminds me of another process I've become familiar with if you catch my drift.

Love you Virgie.

No comments: