Monday, March 14, 2016

So



I could be wrong :-).
But for whatever reason I feel like what I write here is reaching way more than the original person it was intended for :-).
Weather it's repackaged and presented in a different fashion I have no idea.
I really have no basis in fact for the above mentioned opinion but I've learned (at least in certain situations) to trust my intuition.

I recently read an article and at the end of it, it ask the question:
"When the fascist came, what did you do to help fight against them daddy?"
With all that being said?
Here goes with the first really overtly political post in this forum.

TRUMP
People are saying this will be the end/ruin of the Republican Party.
I agree.
They didn't take their own advice after the Romney lost.
They chose not to step up and stop him early on when they could have.
It's funny to me to see a bunch of people (9 at the first debate I believe) standing around trying to be the toughest kid in the schoolyard but nobody wanting to take on the bully.
So much for being a bunch of tough guys and women.

But this is more than that.
I've read multiple columns lately about how this shouldn't be seen as a political party's demise, but should be viewed instead as a logical conclusion to where it has been headed all along.
If I agreed with the first sentiment about Trump being the ruin of the Republican party? 
Then suffice it to say I agree with the second sentiment even more so.
Why? 
I can hear people asking.
Well?
Because I was paying attention the whole time it was happening right in front of me. 

If your political party has subtle or just under the surface racist overtones for well over forty years?
You really shouldn't be very surprised when it finds a mouthpiece.
President Obama is entirely correct when he says the other Republican candidates say the same things, just in a lot more subdued fashion than Trump.
To allow him to say the inflammatory things he has?
To not stand up and call him out as being wrong?
It's the same thing as giving your tacit approval.

People today don't even know what "The Southern Strategy" is. 
Or was, given that it didn't hold Obama in check, nor does it seem to concern Mr. Sanders that much.

People don't remember Reagan kicking off his campaign at the Neshoba Miss County Fair.

Literally three miles from where three civil rights workers were slain by members of the KKK.
Regan goes there and touts "States Rights."
Never once did he mention the three slain civil rights workers.
These days the powers that be are trying to white wash that speech.
Trust me, you start talking "States Rights" in Neshoba County Mississippi in 1980?
Everyone knows what you are saying.

Throw in some Willie Horton attack ads.
(Bush the Elder).

Appoint a Supreme Court Justice who made it a personal vendetta to gut the voting rights act of 1964.
(Bush the younger)

I didn't even mention Congress obstructionism, I could sit here all day and just bring up point after point but theres really no...

Well?
Point to do so.

Stir this witches brew up while cooking for 40+ years and then stand around befuddled when the final product comes out.
I mean it's really what they have done to themselves.

The good news?
I'm really not seeing where Trump (or Cruz for that matter) picks up 64 electoral college votes on this map. 




That's just way too many states to flip.
The democratic candidate would have to loose: Michigan, Ohio, Virginia and Florida.
It's just a very unlikely scenario.
Particularly when you factor in a likely backlash to Rick Snyder's tenure in Michigan and Rick Scott's continued unpopularity in Fla.

Everybody forgets it's not a national election in the truest sense.
It's a state by state election and there is a tremendous difference between the two.

Chickens come home to roost?
You betcha.

"What did you do to fight off the Fascist daddy?"

I just did son.
My conscious wouldn't have rested easy if I didn't.
What did you do?


No comments: