Monday, August 29, 2016

I


was the only person in my entire High School (over 1200+ students) with this record.
I promise you nobody in my class or the junior class had it and if a sophomore or freshman had it surely somebody would have said something to me.

Clark wallabee desert boots, Levis, cords and an army surplus jacket bought at the flea market for five bucks, with Clash pin on it :-). 
The flea market is the same one Nich and Janet like to go to.

Louisville in 1979-80 was about 15-20 years behind the times.
Hippies still ruled.
Punk came out.
All I knew was I liked it.
Loved the energy.
Loved the blues, the straight ahead rockers, reggae, dub, ska, this record seemed like it had everything. It introduced me to so many genres of music I had never heard of.
I didn't even know what they were at the time, like I say, I just knew I liked it. 
Train in Vain barely cracked the top forty; they thought so little of it it wasn't even listed on the credits, last song on side four lol.

Now, when I got to WKU?
Lots of people knew this record:-).



No comments: