Sunday, February 3, 2019

I'm sorry.




What did you do on that vacation day they gave you 
to make up your mind about the full time position they offered you?

Drive to a parking garage?
In downtown Louisville?
At 10 O'clock at night?
Well what on earth for?

I remember it like it was yesterday.
I heard a car come in.
I thought who in the world is coming in here this late on a Wed I think it was.
Then I look up.
See your car.
Wave to you.
You drove right by.
Didn't even look my way.
I thought WTF?
The next day I found out you were leaving.
It was the last time I saw you.

Till I see you again walking towards me.
Down the aisle.
In your dress.

I love you babe.
As much as I hated thing sometimes?
I wouldn't have wanted them any other way.
Kudos sweetheart.
Well done my dear.

No comments: