Thursday, April 24, 2014

I give...

up on ever getting any sleep or rest lol.
 
I went to Janets this AM to go to sleep.
I was really looking forward to it as I hadn't slept that much the last few days.
I sleep more and more soundly when I am up here than when I am at home.
Anyway I was looking forward to it.
Call her on the way to her house "I need you to look at the computer."
I figure okay, no big deal.
I get there and her Admin account is corrupted.
She is just looking at me like "Well, wave your hand and fix it."
Just not that simple lol.
Not what I had in mind at 7 AM after working my shift lol.
I told her "this is going to take more time than I have right now, I'm tired I am afraid I will mess it up more by trying to work on it, I'll look at it when I get up."
"Well why is it doing that?"
Keep in mind this is someone who can not find the IE icon on the taskbar.
Thats the skill level were talking about here.
And she wants me to explain why her user profile is corrupt?
At 7 AM?
After she just woke up?
Like if I explained it perfectly to her she would even understand lol?
I told her it was a machine, like her car and like her car's fan belt that gets old and cracks and dry rots and starts to have problems so will her computer.
She just had that far away stare in her eyes.
Not what she wanted to hear.
"I'll look at it when I get up" and off to bed I went.
Think I slept great?
How could I?
I could tell she was upset.
Up at 11, and 1 and 1:30 at 2 I was like what is the point?
Got up, I am an admin so I created a guest account for her to use.
Made her bank and weight watchers her home page.
She can do what she needs to for now.
She still thinks the computer is "broke" cause it's not like before lol.
Just clueless lol.
I don't mind that, I really don't, what is frustrating is the lack of accountability in learing the least lil bit about the technology she wants to use.
That is aggravating.
I've told her time and time again to go back to the library and retake some classes.
She won't lol.
She would rather bug me or Nicholas.
You have to understand she had her very first car, a 1956 mustage stolen from her and I think it was a defineing moment in her life.
Everyone is out to get her, to screw her over, to do her wrong.
It's her mindset.
It's why she was how she was about the truck with me.
I'm, sure Hubert helped that along as well.
Anyway, she is 75, it's not going to change.
Then she says "The TV downstairs doesn't work after Nicholas hooked up the X-box".
I was about to spontanously combust lol.
I went downstairs and switched the cable box around on some outlets till it came on.
Turns out it takes a minute or two before it fires up.
 
I called Nichand told him not to go cleaning up peoples desktops that weren't his lol.
(She couldn't find her pictures as he had cleaned up her desktop.)
I told him he would have his own user profile from now on.
I told Janet that she needed to let me take her computer to work to try and fix her corrupted user profile. I told her I could do it over the next weekend I work and that Chad would be there to help as he knows more about Windows 7. She needs updates: firewall, anti-virus, run mal-ware bytes, delete a bunch of crap that's not being used , run c-cleaner etc. Just a general tune up. Anyway, thats the next weekend I work. I don't mind to do it for her, I mind the willfull ignornace and the not wanting to learn anything new and instead just want me to wave my hand like a magic wand and fix her laptop, that is what I mind.
 
So now Nicholas does have his study group in Oboro on Saturday. Thats a trip down and back lol.
So much for getting anything done in the yard Saturday lol.
My life lol.
So, I will try and do lil things around the house Saturday and try and get a lil rest and then I will have him at home with me on Sunday to try and get some more done.
I don't like to do a whole lot on Sunday but it just seems like thats the way we are going to have to do things this weekend.
I'll get the yard/gravel etc done sometime lol.
 
 
I just wanna sleep lol...
 
 
ride...
 
 
and be with you...
 
 
thats it...
 
 
that's all I want...
 
 
 
you wouldn't think it would be so hard to pull off now would you lol?
 
Love you.

No comments: