Monday, July 28, 2014



I no longer want to live where I live
nor work where I work.
Dangerous place to be.
Been here a time or two.
Not very enjoyable.
Matter of time before I crack.
Say something to somebody I shouldn't.
Just absolutely do not give a fuck.
Begging, absolutely begging for somebody to want to talk to me.

Tony wasn't there 45 minutes and said "This gotta change, aint no way we can keep this up,"
45 minutes.
Think about that.
We had 36 hours of it.
Tony's comment was during normal business operations.
We had patch, down times and a shit pot of  SMC testing during patch and a shit ton of SMC maintenance 
Now you keep track of all that and tag 10,000 + alerts with every right ticket number and answer the phone every five minutes from SMC and update tickets blah blah blah...I could go on for days but whats the point?
These are the same people who think your nuts to want a raise.
Fuck em.
Chad and I worked more in 36 hours than some of these guys will work in three to four months.
It's the truth.

"Spent" is how Chad and I decided to call it.

Got to 4 AM and a whole "blob" of alerts as Micha calls them came in and I threw down my shit and said 
"That's it!" and we both just sat there and laughed for about 30 minutes.
Countin on Tony the Calvary to bail us out with his batch of enthusiasm.
He delivered.
"Whats that?" he said when he first looked at the board.
We just laughed...

I mean there was just no fucking way any more to sustain that pace.

That's why everything was being posted here in flurries.
I never knew when the next "Blob" was going to hit.

and here you are figuring...well now is a good time to test this guy, now that I done bought a dress and everything...geez woman...


Open SMC tickets for 100 errors in a 24 hour period?
They just never stop.
Open a ticket, monitor 12-24 hours. 
Stays clean.
Close ticket.
Few hours later it alerts again.
Open SMC ticket.
Monitor.
Runs clean.
2nd verse same as the first.
It's not accomplishing anything and everybody knows it, is the problem.

To many open tickets to search through and the new systems capabilities suck.
Takes a minute.
Then get in router and copy router logs.
Then clear counters.
Then SMC ticket opening via the web.
Oh here's a failed HDD there's an HP ticket.
Oh here's some idiot from production control calling about something you have absolutely nothing to do with.
Oh there's a critical alert, page NT who never has a cell phone and is Russian and you can't understand a word he says.
(The other night his partner said to e-mail him...during patch...Dear Mr. Hot Shot Russian NT guy.
"IT'S FUCKING PATCH!, the exchange landscape is being rebooted. That means no e-mail you fucking genius!)

I mean seriously could you even make this shit up?

You think I aint gonna blow my top soon?
How could you not?

The pace is unsustainable.

Dress.
Once again please.
Then I could chill for a while...

Maybe.


Love you.

Night.

No comments: