Monday, July 27, 2015

I attended



service here yesterday :-).
16 people :-).
Just about everyone said hello.
Several asked me if I was coming back of if I would come back :-).
I see why service is at 9:30 AM.
No air conditioning.
It's cooler then.
Several big ceiling fans.
Windows opened.
Hand held fans on the backs of the pews.
It was pretty on the inside.
More so than I would have thought.
Pews had cushions.
Did welcome announcements, prayer concerns, celebrations etc.
Sang all the songs at the same point in the service.
Members just suggested what number hymns they wanted to hear.
Poor piano player lol.
Guest speaker yesterday.
The regular preacher was in Korea.
I believe he is Korean actually.
He is the preacher at Lewisport Methodist as well.
Preaches here first and then goes to Lewisport.
It's how Hilldale was when I first started going there.
They were not a "station church".
Meaning they shared a preacher with another church close by.
The preacher from Hawesville UMC would preach at Hilldale first and then go preach at Hawesville.
Sang our songs.
Heard our message.
People were friendly.
Everybody went on about their day.
No projectors or big screens.
No fancy anythings.
It was like attending church like it would have been 100 years ago.
I liked it personally.


No comments: