Thursday, July 26, 2018

The



one I am thinking of was in the AM.




"PLEASE STOP!"

You were supposed to be there the day before on your mid shift and weren't.
One of the first questions I asked when getting there,
"Wheres Virgie?"
Your car wasn't there.
They gave you a vacation day to think about their offer is what I was told in the AM.
Thats the evening I busted you in the parking garage at 10 PM at night.
Cause thats what everybody does on a vacation day.
Do drive bys in a parking garage.
What were the odds I'd be out there?
Bout the same as you modeling on my model bike I suppose.
All I know was it killed me that AM.
I knew what was happening on your end of the phone.
The previous unanswered phone calls all made sense all the sudden.
You knew.
Best not to get to attached.
Making your exit easier on yourself.
Lots of good it did lol.
I didn't sleep that night.
Not a minute.
Tossed and turned all night.
Plenty of nights like that sense.
Looked like I was in shock when I got up.
Probably cause I was.

Eventually I wrapped my head around it.
I thought:
"If thats what she thinks, 
if thats the kinda guy she thinks I am? 
She's got another thing coming, she's never seen the likes of me before."
Neither of our lives have been the same since.

I just remember this strange otherworldly pull.
This magnetism as it were.
This uneasiness.
This thinking this isn't right.
This isn't supposed to be happening.
Not like this.
Not now.
It was way too strong to be considered any kinda normal for two people who barely knew each other.
If you didn't experience it?
I can't explain it or make it make sense to you.

I just knew.
This is not how this ends.
Not now.
Not ever.

I love you sweetheart.
I love our fairytale.


No comments: