Monday, July 22, 2019

Right






On both counts.

"Time will one day heal the wound to that confidence that will be inflicted by today's decision. One thing, however, is certain. Although we may never know with complete certainty the identity of the winner of this year's presidential election, the identity of the loser is perfectly clear. It is the nation's confidence in the judge as an impartial guardian of the rule of law."

Dissenting, Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98 (2000).


A democracy cannot function effectively when its constituent members believe laws are being bought and sold.

Dissenting, Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. ___ (2010).


I remember my son, myself and my stepdad
discussing in a pizza joint how that Bush v. Gore decision 
forever changed the attitude and outlook of this country.

Nicholas was like eighth grade.

I love you Lucy.

No comments: