Friday, April 16, 2021

So Here Goes


A lil more about how things work.


I'm a big U2 fan. Always have been. All this month they have been posting a concert a week on You Tube from various stages of their career. Red Rocks, Slane Castle, Pop Mart, Live in Paris etc. Really been enjoying the shows.

So I'm watching the Pop Mart show live in Mexico City and I'm reading comments and somebody mentioned they really liked the way the song "Please" was performed during this show. This was at a period where I was just about to write U2 off. Wasn't a big fan of the Pop Mart record, never even bought it etc.. Anyways, so after reading that comment I thought I should go back and have a relisten to the live recording of "Please" and see if I like it etc, I honestly couldn't even remember it. So I went back and found a live version and listened to it on you tube



I was like well alright, it's hitting the spot a lil better than it did years ago, go ahead and listen to the rest of the record. 

It's the version of "Where the streets have no name" that's included on this EP when things start to get a lil interesting. It fades all the way out and then comes back with additional lyrics, they didn't perform that song like this very long and to the best of my knowledge its the only recorded version of that song performed in that manner.

Couldn't quite figure out the additional lyrics for a while but the voice says, "You have the EP go find it" It's locked away in storage etc. So I went and found it (Right on top of course :-) and it's still stuck in the CD (Yes I know, I'm old dog :-) player to this date. The actual lyrics are from another U2 song on the Pop Mart record "The Playboy Mansion" :-). I'll let you figure that serendipitous moment out on your own :-). But the lyrics that were hitting me like a ton of bricks goes as follows:



(12:36 mark)


"Then...there will be, no time for sorrow...

Then will there be...no time for shame...

Then...there will...

Then There will be...

Then There will be no time...

And there will be no time

And there will be no time...

No time...

And there will be no 

And there will be no time...

Yeah!"


Take it for what its worth.

You can dismiss it all you want to.

I know better.

Spirit says go post today? I go post today.

Jeremiah 31:13

“I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.”

Revelation 21:4

“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

Heavens coming folks.

Revelation 21:1

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."


"Underhill describes it as marked by a consciousness of a transcendent order and a vision of a new heaven and a new earth."


Christian Mysticism


Thing is?

To many serendipitous moments just aren't a coincidence.

You can't try and just make this stuff up.

It's just not how it works.


"Take it for what its worth."

Eternity is a long time.


I love you baby.









No comments: