Sunday, August 25, 2024

You

 have to understand 

what it is lol.

Cause its probably not 

what you are thinking.




Rude Boy


"Rude boy is a subculture that originated from 1960s Jamaican street culture. In the late 1970s, there was a revival in England 

(I remember lol)

of the terms rude boy and rude girl, among other variations like rudeboy and rudebwoy, being used to describe fans of two-tone and ska."


"Along with ska and rocksteady music, many rude boys favored sharp suits, thin ties, and pork pie or Trilby hats, showing an influence of the fashions of US jazz musicians and soul music artists."


 "In the late 1970s, the term rude boy and rude boy fashions came back into use after the 2 tone band the Specials (notably with a cover of "A Message to You Rudy") and their record label 2 Tone Records instigated a brief but influential ska revival.

(Yup...Madness, The English Beat etc...)


"In this same spirit,

the Clash 

contributed 

"Rudie Can't Fail" 

on their 

1979 album London Calling,..."



One of the greatest Album covers 

of all time BTW.

Rolling Stone #1 Album of the 80's.


(3000 kinds in my high school in Louisville KY.

I was 15 years old.

Guess how many kids 

I knew (then) that 

had that record besides me?

0.

Changed my life.

Dinosaur rock was out.

Stones, Who, Zep Beatles etc.


Punk and new wave were in.

Just not in Louisville apparently lol.

So pardon me lol




if I indulge myself a lil these days :-).

Hey?

if I could have had 

that shirt back then?

I would have worn it then.

As it is?

I'll just wear it now,

Besides?

it matches the bike :-).

And the attitude.)


"...In more recent times in multicultural Britain, the term rudeboy has become associated with street or urban culture, and is a common greeting. The term rudeboy has become associated with music genres such as ragga, jungle, drum and bass, UK garage, and grime – although is still used by many ska and ska punk bands, old and new – predominantly in the UK and USA."


So there ya go.

More than you ever wanted to know 

about:

Rudie,

Rude Boy,

Two Tone records

and Ska music.


Still one of my favorites BTW.




and with God on side side?

No.

No he most certainly cant.






No comments: