Tuesday, May 26, 2015

So


I go to air up the flat tire on The Buick with the air compressor in the garage and it seems like it's taking a lil longer than it should. 
Seems like. 
Don't really know. 
Not real sure how long it should take but it seems like given how long the compressor has been running that the tire should have more air in it than it does. 
Finally I give. 
It's not getting any more aired up than what it is. 
Seems like there is enough air in it to get me a few miles down the road, lets give it a shot, if it starts handling funny? 
Or seems like it's not gonna make it to the tire shop? 
Well then turn around come back home and go from there. 
I wasn't a half mile down the road, yep, that's not gonna work, turn around and come home. 
When I got home? 
Thing was as flat as it was before I tried to put air in it. 
Well...

shit. 
Okay, lets play the change a tire for the first time in over 25 years game. 
I hate it. 
These days every vehicle has it's own jack and it's own place to put it and it's own way to be used and these doughnuts for spares aren't worth a shit. 
There ought to be a law, if you buy a brand new vehicle? 
It comes with a full size spare. 
Period. 
They only started doing that to save a penny, cheap bastards. 
Anyway, back when my dad showed me how to change a tire? 
Spares were full sized and all the jacks in all the vehicles looked and operated the same exact way. 
Not any more. 
We managed lol. 
We got out the instructions, followed along and did just fine. 
Drove it down to the tire place where they said it was the valve stem that had gone bad. 
Well...that would explain why it wasn't holding any more air than it was lol. 

Now just need to get the bike over to Josh and have him look at that running light for me. 
Only a 60% chance of rain the next three or four days, go figure lol.

For a moment today? 
We were very very ghetto :-).


No comments: