Thursday, October 8, 2015

State Dish of New Mexico



Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Casserole

Line oiled baking dish with six corn tortillas.



Add chicken.
I marinate and grill mine.
Doesn't matter.
Just cook up some damn chicken already :-)!



Add salsa verde.
However you wanna make it.
I like Bueno green Chillies from Hatch New Mexico.
Been through Hatch actually.
Green chilies, serranos, jalapenos, can of cream of mushroom soup (gotta work the gringo in there somewhere :-) garlic salt, cilantro, onion...whatever.



Add Cheese.


Repeat with more layers of tortillas, chicken, sauce, cheese.
Usually about three chicken breast.
This time I used four so I had an extra layer on top that we normally don't get.
Pan was deeper than one I normally use, had extra sauce, just made sense.

Diner.




My plate presentation.




I cut out a square of enchiladas and place them in the center of the plate.
No need to worry about it being pretty, it's just gonna get covered up anyway.
I place fresh chopped lettuce around the enchiladas along with fresh chopped tomatoes, sour cream. fresh chopped cilantro and homemade 14 ingredient guacamole made the day before.

There ya go.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Casserole.
I still think it's funny my ex's brothers (all from New Mexico) always liked my guacamole and enchilada casserole better than hers :-).

No comments: