Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Besides lol



It wasn't just a Springsteen show.

It was the second to last show of The River Tour.

Born to Run broke him big.
Darkness got good reviews but was largely seen as pale in comparison to Born To Run.

The River solidified his position as an artist to continue to follow.
Double Album.
His first #1 hit in "Hungry Heart".
Big recond for my whole junior year.
Fall of my senior year.
Cincy.
Second to last show of The River tour.
You betcha.
Lets go.
Double date lol.
Mom didn't wanna let me go.
17 years old.
Off to Cincy?
On a school night?
Finally she relented.
"As long as you go to school friday".
Gotcha.

A 3:45 minute performance.
Played CCR's  "Who'll stop the rain?"
Played "Trapped" by Jimmy Cliff.
Years later a version of this appeared on the USA for Africa collaboration.
The show had like 14 encores or something.
It was crazy.
The last one?
A fifteen minute version of "Twist and Shout" with all the house lights all on.
Nobody's ass is in a seat.
Everybody's shaking their shit.
15 minutes.
Lights on.
14 encores.
"Twist and shout"
In a 3:45 minute set.

I'm seventeen years old.
I'm in prime physical condition.
We get back to the car and I am worn out.
Soaking wet.
I felt like I had just been in football practice.
That's how draining it was.
I couldn't believe what I had just seen.
I went out after I got out of school Friday and bought: "Greetings from Asbury Park", "The Wild the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle, a poster and a river button lol. 
I think I still got the river button somewhere lol.

I was sold.
All in.

Blew my mind.
Changed my outlook on life.

Love you.

No comments: