Thursday, May 19, 2016

Had



an older gentleman tell me to my face that he doesn't see how I can be a follower of Christ since I don't really care who uses what restroom.
I promise you I did lol.

I don't bring this garbage up.
I just don't.
I don't talk politics or religion or any sensitive issues unless somebody else brings it up.
But if somebody else wants to start talking nonsense?
I'll shoot it down in a heartbeat.

He is the one that brought it up.
Like always lol.

All I said to a prior comment he had made was, "I really don't care who uses which restroom, it really doesn't matter to me at all, they could all be unisex for all I care."
I guess I wasn't supposed to feel that way or something.
All the sudden this guy transforms into Elmer Fudd with the red face and the steam blowing out his ears etc.
I guess he really wanted me to care.
I just really don't.

"You mean to tell me you don't care if....blah blah blah..."
"No, I really don't care."
It was just infuriating to him that I wasn't going to go along with his train of thought.
"Look, this been going on for years, you just never heard or thought about it till three weeks ago and now you're ready to go to war over it."
"Well what if you had a lil girl."
That one got me for a second, never thought about what if Nich would have been a girl.
I wouldn't have went into the ladies room so I guess what I would have done would be to have taken him (her) with me to the men's room.
Just never really thought about it to be honest.

Then he starts waving his smart phone around, "What if "they", love that word, had one of these?
"I got news for you, the guy in the stall next to you has one as well and for all you know someone may have taken a picture of you doing your business, what sex someone is or what bathroom they are in doesn't have anything to do with it."
More red face lol, more steam lol.

 I said let me ask you something
"Okay".
"You ever use the ladies room when the men's room was occupied and you have to go real bad? If so, what's the difference?"
Pause.
"I don't believe I have" he says.
Just the way he said it would have made you think otherwise.

I said, "China is building islands and militarizing them in the South China Sea where over 60% of the world's trade is going to flow through in the coming decades and were arguing about who should use which restroom in this country? 
Seems like a diversion if you ask me."
You guessed it, more red face, more steam lol.
"That's another thing, our military, Russian is doing fly bys blah blah blah..."
"The Baltic is a lot closer to Russia than it is the US. Do you think if there was Russian recon going on in the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic we wouldn't be doing something similar?"

Finally he could see this wasn't going to go anywhere and let it go.

I wish I would have went on and told him that in the overwhelming majority of instances it's not the transgender person in what someone might perceive as the wrong restroom that's gonna sexually molest your daughter, granddaughter, sons etc.
Most times, just like we've seen right here in this small lil community, it's a family member, a neighbor, a coach, a youth minister etc.
Someone with access that everybody trust.
But that hits a lil too close to home.
It can't be one of "us', (even though it is) it has to be one of "them".
"Them" of course being something someone doesn't understand.

Anyway, after all these years of going to church?
Apparently I missed quite a few sermons on how being a follower of Christ dictates which bathroom I have to use and not only that, apparently I'm supposed to be upset about which ones others use as well.
Cause, you know, that's Christianity for you in a nutshell.
Telling you which restroom to use.

Like I said
I don't bring it up.
And I really don't care.
Make 'em all unisex.
Fine with me.

Lover ya Lucy :-).

No comments: