Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Okay



thats settled finally lol.

The boys were saying, "Boom shakalaka boom shakalaka" the other day. 
Which was cute, but it got me to thinking, where did that come from?
I thought it was from Sly and the family Stone's 1969 hit, "I wanna take you higher."
That was incorrect.
That song contains the phrase, "Boom laka-laka-laka Boom laka-laka-laka".
Turns out Ike & Tina Turner did the song a year later and changed the lyrics to:
 "Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka".

The Sly and the Family Stone version was played at 3 AM Sunday Morning at the original Woodstock.
I'm sorry, but when you wake up 500,000 people?
Get 'em all shakin their asses and singing along?
At 3 AM?
On Sunday Morning?
The original Woodstock?
You done done somethin'.
Call me when somebody else does it.
Not sayin' it hasn't or couldn't happen.
But it's pretty damn bass ass if you ask me.




This was good news a s well.





Loves me some Tina.

No comments: