Monday, October 16, 2017

But Drew?



All this stuff you are saying?
It's all so complicated.
I don't understand it.
I wasn't raised in the church.
I was taught this was all just a bunch of fairy-tales etc.
I just don't understand it.

Great!
Brings us to 

EXCUSE #13

Conversion Excuses, Dr. R.G. Lee.

"I cannot understand."

"Why let mystery cause you to refuse the master?
Do you understand the chemistry of digestion?
Does your ignorance of it cause you to not eat steak?
Can you understand 
why the same sun 
and the same soil 
and the same rain 
get sweetness into the orange 
and sourness into the lemon 
and bitterness into the persimmon?
Lay aside your excuse of mystery 
and trust God 
as you trust the telephone 
to transmit your voice."

I'll add one for modern times:

"Do you understand how data packets are carried over a wireless network?
Most don't.
So you won't use a cell phone cause you don't understand how it works?
Hardly.
Yet the greatest power in the universe 
is available to you 
and yet you refuse it 
cause you don't understand how it works?"

Makes sense right?
Not.

Reminds me of one of the speakers on my "Walk to Emmaus".

"Twas grace that saved a wretch like me"
was the Hymn of invitation.

"I had never heard anything that sounded any better in all my life." 

He said lol.
"Come on down the aisle and make it public." 
He said was what he hearing.
"But I don't know what I'm doing." he said back.

"Neither do I, just come on and we will figure it out together."

He smiled, walked on down the aisle, and dedicated his life to Christ.

He said he's been figuring it out ever since lol.

Guess what?
So have the rest of us Lucy.

No comments: