Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I



witnessed to a lady at the library the other day.
I had showed her and her coworkers the Mendenhall bible.
One of her co-workers had told me she was a minister.
We talked one day, about Joel Two, The two witnesses etc.
Her face just lit up.

Anyway, the other day the lord put it upon my heart to tell her my/our story.
Doesn't happen often.
Espically to someone I don't know.
But I know way better than to not do what is commanded of me.
So we talked, 10-15 minutes or so.
She seemed intrigued.
Thanked me for sharing.

Today?
Today I hit her with my three pronged argument:

1)  We are commanded to be bold. 


Not as in just letting people know we are Christians bold, But Christ himself walking into the synagogue in his hometown, opening a scroll and reading from a chapter in Isaiah and stating: 
“Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” bold.

Luke 4:17-21

and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. He began by saying to them, 

“Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”


Who?
Who does that?
Uunless they are who they say they are?

2) Somebody, somewhere got a better claim?

Great.
I'm all ears, can't wait to hear their story.
(This one I could tell she bought into)

3) It is always, always, always, the one(s) you would least expect it to be.


I didn't even get into anything about the white crane and all the other signs, 
I just told her I hadn't even really scratched the surface of what was going on.

I know this much, in the last year and a half? 
I've experienced and seen things that if someone was to tell me they had went through them or experienced the same things? 
I probably wouldn't believe them either. 
Comes with the territory seems like.

Love you Lucy.



No comments: