Friday, March 13, 2020

Yeah



so Wednesday?

I'm sitting there thinking.
I'm gonna go to bible study.
Central Baptist.

And I knew.
As soon as I made the decision to go.
Theres a message for you there tonight.
I knew it.
I promise you.
The second I committed to going.
Felt it.
Would better describe it.

So I go to bible study.

"God will never waste a trial."
Was said early on.

Then we read and talked about 

Genesis 28:10-22

Jacob’s Dream at Bethel


Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Harran. When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. There above it stood the Lord, and he said: “I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.” He was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven.”

Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it. He called that place Bethel, though the city used to be called Luz.

Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord will be my God and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”

Mostly we talked about

12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.

(Yes, heaven comes to earth for some)

14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.

The blessing was Christ

15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

It was like a dinner bell got rang once real loud when this was read.
Yep.
There it is.
Theres the message
I knew I was to come hear.
Then it gets told:
God knew, Jacob needed to hear it was gonna be okay.
And I just smile.
And I think yep.
:-).
Good deal
:-).
Glad to know.
How fitting.
Serendipitous.
Etc.


17 He was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven.”

King James says:
How dreadful is this place!

Just understand that Heaven is just incomprehensible to us mortals basically.

He took a rock for a pillow for god's sake.
:-).
Heaven comes in a dream.
Special place indeed.

God wanted Jacob to have larger picture.
Enlarge Gods world.

This ringing a bell with anybody else?
Or just me?

We talked about:

Romans 8:28-39


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

More than conquerors

(More than:-). Love it)

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all – how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

‘For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.’

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

A conqueror is an overcomer.
Yep.
It what my buddy Bro Brian said.

Went here too for a minute too...

I love bible study at central baptist.
Faced paced.
Lots topics covered and brought up.
Prayer service too.

We also talked about:

1 Chronicles 4:9-10 


Jabez was more honourable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, ‘I gave birth to him in pain.’ Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request.

And then near the end of the bible study a lady says:

"When God makes a promise to us we have a responsibility to God."

And the heavy hitters were:


"God will never waste a trial."

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
(Heaviest hitter BTW)

A conqueror is an overcomer.

Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request.

"When God makes a promise to us we have a responsibility to God."

Yep.

Good night thast night.
Loved it.


No comments: