Monday, June 20, 2022

Okay

 


enough doom and gloom for a minute.

Actually? I don't go with that, I go more with the "be glad your book is being proved true right in front of your eyes and give thanks and praises" mindset but sometimes I just need a break from the intensity of the moment too :-).

So:


One of Kentucky’s most iconic restaurants is for sale, along with KFC memorabilia


Claudia Sanders Dinner House, Shelbyville, KY





I used to live in Middletown KY. It was called Middletown cause it was halfway in-between Louisville and Shelbyville on the old stage couch route. I lived there from my sophomore year in high school till after my freshman year in college. Then we moved to Fern Creek, KY almost on the Bullitt County line.






This was always one of my favorite places to go eat, lots of special occasions, birthdays, after church on Sunday with Dad and my step mom etc. Always looked forward to going there.

 Back when I was in school it was in the house you see in the forefront, there was no large building in the back. The chicken taste just like KFC's:-) but he coolest thing was you could get a three piece chicken dinner with unlimited sides and they would bring them by your table on a cart! There was no buffet. They would just hand them to you off the cart and you would pass them around the table just like you were at home. I just thought it was the greatest thing ever. And I mean all kinds of sides, you name it, peas, sweet corn, creamed corn, stewed tomatoes, green beans, baked beans, mashed potatoes, fried okra, sweat potatoes, fried apples, thats just 10, i think there was like 13 they would have on their carts and wheel them around through the dining room in the old house!  

They had a fire when I was in school and built the building in the back and went to a buffet style. The food was still just as good but it wasn't ever quite the same. 

Great memories. iconic Kentucky landmark to say the least.






Glad I got the shot when I was passing through last year.



Oh yeah I forgot, beets and creamed spinach :-)




















No comments: