Friday, August 30, 2013

Another Glamarous Day...

Another glamorous first day off. I haven't even ate yet...Rode home 90 miles, took Nich to school, came home, laid down at 10:00 due to adrenalin from the ride, woke up at 1, buddy calls me at the same time "We doing this tomorrow? I done called Fawn and Mark and Tessa are all coming over I need to know." "Yeah man, were on." "Okay, come help me move this smoker". "Alright". So I go back there and he takes off to get the smoker from in between the round bails and bring it over to the trailer. I'm watchin him, all sudden he shags ass back to the trailer, "We got a problem" We always got a problem, it's how everything always starts off. "What's that?" There's a damn wasp nest in the neck of the smoker, I hit it with the hitch on the truck and they are pissed!" (He is apparently very allergic, hand swelled up like a softball last time he was stung he said). "Well grab some wasp spray". "I don't have any." "I got some, I'll go get it". So we get the wasp spray from my house and we spray the nest and they all get dead or fly away one, and we hook the smoker up to the truck and we pull it slowly to the building to put air in both tires, I don't think the tires have ever been fixed since he has had the damn thing, I think they have both always been flat. Anyway, we get the tires filled up and get the smoker moved to the tailor.

"When you go to the store get two things of pam and spray the grates with it and then fire that firebox up as hot as you can." "Alright, I got it".

Went back home and went to bed till 3:45 got up, made the dry rub and then went and got Nicholas from band practice. We are operating on like four hours sleep here. Go to the store to get Nich some dinner, get the Pam and a cheap mop (You'll see later). Go back home, load the truck with the fireplace shovel, the trash wood, the hickory and the peach wood. Go back to Christians (armed with wasp spray), open smoker, soak grates with Pam, empty the firebox from last time, load up the firebox with trash wood and burn those grates off. After a bit the fire is under control, go home get a shower, lay down from 6 till 7:30, get up to watch my sunset. Go to IGA in Lewisport to get the two gallons or Worcestershire sauce, cause I don't think Walt-Mart carries that in bulk, then go to Walt-Mart in Tell City and get the rest of out supplies, come home, do dishes, said the hell with laundry, and decided to put the rub on pork butts in the AM, watched Nich play a lil Nazi Zombies, and now I just sat down, I might eat...tomorrow however, will very much worth the effort...as usual, somebody is missing all the fun...love you Dingleberry, peace...




No comments: