Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Damn woman.

You write more comments than I do post these days lol...

Least we started the day off with a three :-).
Yeah me!

E-mail I just sent to mom.
I can't believe it's come to this but I am not going to put up with it.
Period.
Ever.
From anyone.
Time to move on anybody?

I can't really believe that I am saying this but I really don't believe I will be attending Hilldale UMC any longer. Sunday was the last straw. April Bryant saw you put your hand up twice and me once when you volunteered to do the typing for the cook book, she willfully and purposely ignored you in front of everyone. She was standing right next to me. She can say she didn't see us all she wants. It's hooey. It was deliberate. Then Shelia Estes just ignoring me with the cards to give to her at the end of the service. She saw me holding them, she knew what was going on, she was willfully doing the same thing. It's been brewing for a while, but I do believe that is it for me. A few weeks back I went to speak to Alan after the service and when I was done and started heading out Lacy Brown was speaking to someone and they were blocking the asile. (It wasn't very crowded) I stood and waited for a moment, I don't remember who the other person was but they both saw me and could have stepped aside for a second and let me go by but they just deliberately stood there blocking the asile, after waiting for a moment or two I just walked around. I'm just not going to be part of a group that not only has become increasingly less friendly, but now I feel has become downright rude. It's not what I go to church for. I shouldn't feel the way I felt walking out of there Sunday afternoon. I didn't say anything cause I wanted some time to think it over. In all likelihood I will go to Hawesville or Lewisport UMC as I do like the Methodist theology and I do desire some spiritual nurishment on a regular basis.

I didn't agree with the money spent on the TV downstairs. It seems like that money would have been better spent being donated to the food bank or some other charitable entity and I don't like the amount of time taken up by people talking about how there kids race/game/test etc was somehow "Gods Glory". A beautiful sunrise or sunset or something else would seem more like it. It's more like boasting and "look at what my kid/family has done". In my oppion, that time would be better spent with Brother Bill explaining the scripture. Nothing against Brother Bill, he does a good job and has to "go with the flow" so to speak as to not ruffle any feathers as he is close to retirement and has it pretty good at the parsonage etc. I get all that.

I've always said a church in't about the preacher it's about the people and I am not just gonna sit around and watch myself and other members of my family be treated disrespectfully, particularly in front of others, in church, on a Sunday.

I don't know but I get the impression people don't like what I put on FB? my politics? that I ride a motorcycle? That I don't tithe much? Feel like there has always been people at that church who never really liked me but would just smile and shake my hand and act like they were your best buddy on Sunday and then ignore you when others were around when you saw them out in public through the week. Everybody has strengths and weeknesses. I brought seven different people to that church at one time or another who didn't have very strong or any faith. I look around and I can't say that for many others I see sitting in the pews on Sunday. Yet we wonder why the church won't grow? Luke 6:32 says "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them." Loving non-believers isnt always easy but I firmly believe it's how they come to see Christ in you.
Don't say anything to anyone. I want a chance to talk to Alan one on one first. When the time comes over the next month or two and Al starts asking why I am not there I'll just tell him that I felt like after 16 years I am being called in a different direction and wanted to go explore some other places of worship. It really is that simple.

I am not trying to put you in a bind with Al, so I hope you continue to worship at Hilldale unless you feel called to visit some other churches as well. He likes being involved and at his age its good for him to feel needed. Janet said dad was the same way at St. Mathews Baptist. The fact of the matter is someone else would step right in and do what Al does or dad did. It's perfectly fine to let them feel needed. It gives them a sense of community and purpose. At the same time, just because Al attends there doesn't mean I have to.

I set out on a misson a lil over three years ago to rid my life of all drama, chaos and bull shit. It doesn't matter from who, how long you've known them, or what organization it is, if it's no longer a positive, constructive relationship it's time to be done with it and move on. Unfortunaetly this is what my time at Hilldale UMC has evolved into. No more. There are plenty of other places to go worship and be treated with a lil more respect.

Love you, hope you understand. We can talk more later if you feel the need.

No comments: