Friday, September 29, 2017

Jeremiah Part 1



Jeremiah 1:9


Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, 
“I have put my words in your mouth.

Jeremiah 5:12-13


They have lied about the Lord;
they said, “He will do nothing!
No harm will come to us;
we will never see sword or famine.
The prophets are but wind
and the word is not in them;
so let what they say be done to them.”

Jeremiah 5:14


Therefore this is what the Lord God Almighty says:
“Because the people have spoken these words,
I will make my words in your mouth a fire
and these people the wood it consumes.

Jeremiah 6:16


This is what the Lord says:
Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

Jeremiah 7:25-26


From the time your ancestors left Egypt until now,
day after day, again and again I sent you my servants the prophets. 
But they did not listen to me or pay attention. 
They were stiff-necked and did more evil than their ancestors.’

Jeremiah 17:7-8


But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”

Jeremiah 23:29


Is not my word like fire,” 
declares the Lord, “and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

Jeremiah 25:4


And though the Lord has sent all his servants the prophets to you again and again, 
you have not listened or paid any attention.

Jeremiah 26:4-5


Say to them, ‘This is what the Lord says: If you do not listen to me and follow my law, which I have set before you, and if you do not listen to the words of my servants the prophets, whom I have sent to you again and again (though you have not listened),


End of Jeremiah Part 1



No comments: