Friday, September 29, 2017

Jeremiah Part 2




Jeremiah 29:11


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you
 and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:19


For they have not listened to my words,” declares the Lord, “words that I sent to them again and again by my servants the prophets. And you exiles have not listened either,” declares the Lord.


Jeremiah 30:21


Their leader will be one of their own;
their ruler will arise from among them.
I will bring him near and he will come close to me—
for who is he who will devote himself
to be close to me?’
declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 31:4


I will build you up again,
and you, Virgin Israel, will be rebuilt.
Again you will take up your timbrels
and go out to dance with the joyful.

(Christ new church.
We will all be virgins in it.
Some of us firstfruits.
Talked about this already :-).

Jeremiah 31:22


How long will you wander,
unfaithful Daughter Israel?
The Lord will create a new thing on earth—
the woman will return to the man.”

(Two witnesses anybody?
Male and female aspects of the divine?)

Jeremiah 31:31-32


“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah. 
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,”
declares the Lord.

He wasn't just talking about the new covenant with Christ 
but the one with the new church as well when Christ return is immanent.

Jeremiah 33:3


‘Call to me and I will answer you 
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

(He just did.
See the note at the end of the verse above :-).


Jeremiah 35:15


Again and again I sent all my servants the prophets to you. They said, “Each of you must turn from your wicked ways and reform your actions; do not follow other gods to serve them. Then you will live in the land I have given to you and your ancestors.” But you have not paid attention or listened to me.

Jeremiah 44:4


Again and again I sent my servants the prophets, who said, 
‘Do not do this detestable thing that I hate!’

Jeremiah 51:6-8


“Flee from Babylon!
Run for your lives!
Do not be destroyed because of her sins.
It is time for the Lord’s vengeance;
he will repay her what she deserves.
Babylon was a gold cup in the Lord’s hand;
she made the whole earth drunk.
The nations drank her wine;
therefore they have now gone mad.
Babylon will suddenly fall and be broken.
Wail over her!
Get balm for her pain;
perhaps she can be healed

No comments: