Monday, December 11, 2017

Just



in case anybody was interested :-).


"The requirements of the congressional enabling act were duly incorporated at the beginning of the constitution in a section called "The Ordinance." This included the outlawing of slavery, and the statement that all undistributed public lands would be retained by the federal government and could never be taxed by the state. These provisions would be "irrevocable" without the consent of Congress and of the people of Nevada."

It's in their state constitution that
"all undistributed public lands would be retained by the federal government".
It was a condition of statehood.

Ever been to Nevada?
You wouldn't want this land if it was given to you.

Good thing.
You gotta have somewhere to test experimental aircraft and nuclear weapons :-).

People get all upset about it.
I just laugh.
I mean if you feel so strongly about the fact that Nevada should have land given back to it from the federal government?
Then move to Nevada.
Work to change the state constitution.
Have fun with that.

Seriously it just cracks me up.
People are like:
"Did you know..."
Yeah, 
yeah I did, 
did you know what I just posted above?
Probably not.
I did.

I just try and keep my mouth shut. 
Smile.
Go on about my day.

No comments: