Monday, December 11, 2017

Why

 

in the world, 
do people, 
who don't believe in God or Christ?

Celebrate Christmas?

Why?
What is their point?

They're not Jewish, they don't celebrate Hanukkah.
They're not Muslim, they don't celebrate Ramadan.
They're not Hindu, they don't celebrate Diwali.

(My son is a non-believer btw)

So why then, do they celebrate Christmas?

I'll tell you why.
Because it gives them the opportunity to gain something materially they wouldn't get otherwise.
Period.

They will ridicule, mock, scorn and make fun of the faith all year long.
Then they want a gift.
Or they will be upset with what they got.
Then?
The coup d'etat? for me?
They think that Christians are the hypocrites.
Makes sense right?
I just couldn't do those mental gymnastics in my head to justify that position.

How bout they somehow or another establish some integrity 
and just not expect or receive any gifts and don't participate in the celebration?
I mean if that's your principled stance and all?
Then just don't participate.

Put up their pagan tree.
(That's a whole different post in itself :-)
Put on a white robe.
Go celebrate the Winter Solstice or whatever it is they wanna do.

That?
I could get behind someone taking a principled stand on.
I wouldn't agree with it.
But at least you would be sticking to your convictions.
That?
I could admire.

This horseshit of deriding something continuously all year long then wanting to participate in the celebration because they can get something out of it?
Not principled in the least.
No integrity involved at all.

So why?
Why celebrate my faiths Holiday?
When you just wanna mock and scorn and jeer at the one whose birth you're celebrating?

No comments: