Friday, December 8, 2017

So?



I'm reading the intro to the Book of Revelation in my Mendenhall Reference Bible yesterday AM. 
I usually use my old NIV version as it has all my notes, highlights, underlinings and such but anyway :-) I'm reading and I read this:

"Some interpreters refer everything in Revelation to the distant future, to the period just preceding the end of the world and the coming of Christ. Others believe that it begins with the writers own time and reflects the continuous story of suffering and calamity up until the end of the present age and the coming of Christ. Still others interpret every reference to some historical event or person in the first century, making it a book of the times."

Then I thought about it for a second and realized, I certainly don't agree with the last interpretation. 
Of the first two mentioned? 
It seems more like both of them combined together somehow. 
Somethings are in the future as well as some things having happened or started during the writers own time.

Then I kept reading:

"The most influential interpreters of this book have seen both meanings in the signs and symbols of John: historical references to Nero and the Roman Empire in the first century and the reading of the future in the light of this prophetic understanding of history.

:-).

Made my day Lucy.


Well, that and having lunch with Jr and being taken out for lunch by friends :-).

Love you Dollbaby.




No comments: