Friday, June 29, 2018

Somebody



asked me the other day what I did.
I almost responded with:

"Whatever it takes."


But I got the impression they wouldn't have taken to kindly to it.
So I just told them I was unemployed.
A freelance writer, struggling artist, type.

I still say the biggest mistake some people make 
is letting how they earn a living 
define them as a person.
Then they retire are spend the rest of their lives 
in search of an identity 
because they no longer have a role to fill.

Sad really.
I think it's why a lot of people die shortly after they retire.
They can't adapt to the shock of not knowing who they are supposed to be anymore.

Same thing goes with the whole "empty nest syndrome."
Never ever understood that.
You had 18, 20, 25 years whatever to get ready for it?
And you didn't think about, or plan for how you were gonna feel when that time came?
You didn't have things in mind you wanted to go do that you couldn't before?
Why?
Enjoy your new found freedom.
Go do the things you always wanted to go do.
You've earned it.









No comments: