Monday, May 15, 2017

Cords and Awards



ceremony last Wed.

Nicholas received cords for:
Distinguished in English 2 and US History End of Course.
Proficient in Biology EOC and on-demand writing.
Composite score of 18 or better on the 10th grade PLAN test.
Composite score of 21 or better on the 11th grade ACT test.
He received a composite score of 27 on his last ACT.
Entering the University of Louisville this fall.

I know I keep harping on it but compare this with how most kids from a single parent home perform :-).

And while I do feel like I did a lot of the heavy lifting?
The fact is the two ladies present in this picture (my mom and my step-mom, his grandmother for all practical purposes) and an individual not pictured, my step-dad, his grandfather (His back was bothering him this day) all helped out immensely with his up-bringing.

I was asked by a close friend if the ceremony was a bittersweet moment, since it was the culmination of his K-12 schooling. I said I don't see the bitter, it's not the end of anything but rather the beginning of something new. A stepping stone of sorts.

I feel like we all worked really hard to lay a solid foundation for the young man.
Whether it crumbles and falls into disarray or he is able to build something substantial upon it is up to him at this point.

Blessed well beyond what we deserve at this point Lucy :-).




 

No comments: