Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Why



Proverbs?
Why post the actual verses instead of just listing them?
Why categorize them?
Remember that voice that comes from within?
Yeah, that one.
I'm sitting there one day and all the sudden:
"Go read Proverbs."
"What?"
"Go read Proverbs."
So over the course of a few days I did.
Several verses were just rattling around my head like a 22 shell.
So I read it again.
And again.
And again.
Finally I went back and highlighted the verses that appealed the most to me.
That's when I realized they all had similar themes.
Or a lot of them did anyway.
When I noticed that?
That voice?
"Exactly, classify them and list them."
"What?"
"You heard me."
"That's gonna take a lil while."
"Start now, do it in bite sized pieces, don't start publishing any till you have them all done."
So that's how all that came about Lucy.
As far as why most of the verses were listed from the King James Version of the bible?
No internet at home ;-).
Read from my old bible that was given to me when I was baptized at Ormsby Heights Baptist Church. 1973 it says was when it was given to me.
Anyway, after starting this process I found that I was really enjoying the KLV as I had to think about the meanings of the words and what was really being said.
Nothing against the NLT, I like it as well, but reading this I really had to look at the words and devise some of their meanings from the context of what was being said.
So that's why Lucy.
Love you Dollbabay.

No comments: