Thursday, May 11, 2017

Proverbs



Riches/Rewards/Treasures/Inherit

8:19-21
My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. 20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: 21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

8:34
Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

10:22
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
(Love that one :-)

11:16
A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong men retain riches.

11:18
The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward. 

11:27
 He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.

13:11
Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase. 

17:3
The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the Lord trieth the hearts. 
(Tell me about it :-).

19:4
Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour.

20:15
 There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

20:21
 An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed.

21:20
There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

22:1
A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

22:4
By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.

23:5
Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven. 

24:4
 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.


No comments: