Friday, February 28, 2020

Yep



I firmly believe I hear the voice of God in popular music.
That is no big secret.

So yesterday?
I go to get lunch and I'm just sitting there smiling thinking bout things.
And then out of nowhere I was like oh yeah thats a great song...
Not my favorite band but that song and that record are very good.




And right then?
The lyrics?

"Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact"

I was like yep.
Tell me about it.


"Those who wish to be
Must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination
The real relation
The underlying theme"

"All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage"

And then?
Cause you know?
That wasn't serendipitous enough already?
(Just spelled serendipitous correctly, first attempt BTW :-).

Then next up we get:

You see the world through your cynical eyes
You're a troubled young man I can tell
You've got it all in the palm of your hand
But your hand's wet with sweat and your head needs a rest

And you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it
You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it
Why must you be such an angry young man
When your future looks quite bright to me
How can there be such a sinister plan
That could hide such a lamb, such a caring young man

You're fooling yourself if you don't believe it
You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it
Get up, get back on your feet
You're the one they can't beat and you know it
Come on, let's see what you've got
Just take your best shot and don't blow it

You're fooling yourself if you don't believe it
You're killing yourself if you don't believe it
Get up, get back on your feet
You're the one they can't beat and you know it
Come on, let's see what you've got
Just take your best shot and don't blow it

I'm just sitting there smiling.
Eating my lunch thinking...




Could there have been two more perfect songs for how I was feeling right then?

OH YEAH.
Damn...

Almost forgot about it.
Before all that?

"Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away"

I was just like...
Smiling like crazy thinking...
Tell me about it brother...
Lived it.
Couple times.




There aint no storm right now honey :-).
All good baby.

But those aren't just lyrics.
That's real life...
People...
Getting through some shit
And sometimes not really knowing
Which way things are gonna turn out
good or bad

You know what I'm saying?
Lived through some shit storms in my life I'd just as soon never have seen.
Lots of us have.
Smooth seas dont make a good sailor right?
:-)

Those lyrics were just intense yesterday.
Hit me just right.

Back to my original point.
:-).
"I firmly believe I hear the voice of God in popular music.
That is no big secret."

Colossians 1:16-20 

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

No comments: