Thursday, March 17, 2022

As

 


soon as I left the library the other day I had another verse pop in my head that goes right along with the other two I was using to make my point about:


This is where we were

Hebrews 6:4-8

4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 

5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 

6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 

7 Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 

8 But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.


And the notes in my "The New American Bible" stated (in reference to these verses) said this:

"This harsh statement seems to rule out repentance after apostasy, but perhaps the author deliberately uses hyperbole (exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally) in order to stress the seriousness of abandoning Christ.

And I said:

 NOPE!


And I referenced:

Matthew 7:14

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

2 Peter 2:21

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

and as soon as I left the other night?


This verse pops in my head:

Revelation 3:16

So I will spit you out of my mouth, because you are only warm and not hot or cold.

I love that verse, That's exactly! What Christ thinks about fence sitters. He will spit you out of his mouth and it would be my conjecture that he will do so, forcefully


So basically it goes like this:

I have three verses of scripture supporting my point,  and remember:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.


The author(s) of the notes in that bible have conjecture, that is, a conclusion deduced by surmise or guesswork (as in the use of seems and but perhaps, see above).

And hey, I am not getting allover the writers of those notes in that particular bible. I have read probably hundreds of paragraphs of it's notes (mostly on difficult passages, for which it has been great) and this is the only line I have run across where I'm stomping on the brakes going, NO WAY JOSE! Ya got that one all wrong! Wrong enough for the Holy Spirit to give me a third verse supporting my position as soon as I left the other night and and for me to write about it twice now)

So if you accepted, and then deliberately rebel and reject Christ as lord? You're done. Period. No hope on coming back into the fold. If you're wishy washy? (Which seems to me would be accepting and then denying) You get spit out, and I'm not even going to get into the infiltrators and pretenders and imposters, lets just say there's no place for open apostates in the body of Christ.

If you just wanted some thing to do? A social club? A civic organization? Go join the Lions Club or Knights of Columbus, this is about your eternal souls resting place.

"Well, I don't believe you, I'm a good person God won't send me to hell."

It's the biggest lie and the worst blasphemy you could ever allow Satan to sell you. Cause what you're really saying is it's all about you: "Look at me, look at what all I did, look at how good I am all on my own I did blah blah blah etc..." That statement above is making things all about you and nothing to do with Gods grace given to you. (Grace being a favor you didn't deserve and can never repay).

I hear the Lions club is recruiting new members,  if you feel so inclined? Maybe you should go there and look for your souls eternal salvation,. But if you openly accepted and then rejected Christ? You don't get to accept it again, it's over. Period.


I love you baby.




No comments: