Friday, December 27, 2013

So...

I had an interesting morning. Eight hours of OT wasn't on my check from training. Text James about it, wasn't on his either. He got Kenny looking into it. It will come. Might just have to wait another two weeks, sux, was going to have a plumber come out and do some work, now it has to wait. Whatever...if it was the worse thing that happened to me today I had a really really good day.
 
Stayed up late, slept till 10:30 AM or so, got up, did laundry, dishes and packed, woke Nicholas up to go with me to the store to get groceries for him for this weekend. We were out lol, like completely lol. He gave what was left of our left overs to Christian. No biggie, I knew I would be fine. Then last night at 9:30 he wants to go to Wal-Mart. Ha! fat chance buddy lol. I told him "I've been in my pj's all day long except for the three hours we went and watched JR and Ryder and now you want me to go to Wal-Mart? Ain't happening. Have a PB and J, have a grilled chz, have some ramen, I'm not going" lol. But I had to get stuff this AM before heading out. I thought I would get a roast, carrots and potatoes, he likes that and it only takes a minute to get it in the crock pot. Picked up the usualls as well, pizzas, chix patties, etc. Came home, showed him how to peel potatoes and put the stuff in the crock pot, Lipton onion soup mix etc. We were just about good to go. I start to turn on the crock pot and the knob breaks off. Well not actually the knob lol. The metal piece that the knob slides on to. The knob has been long gone lol. I had been using pliers to adjust the temperature setting for about two years now. It's that whole "when it doesn't work any more we will upgrade" way of life coming out. Trust me, single parent? We make shit last. Anyway I was using the pliers to adjust the temp and the damn metal piece broke off. I tried with some needle nose pliers, but it just wasn't going to work. "Lets go to Granny's and borrow hers for now, I'll get us a new one later. Better yet lets go to the Dollar Store and see if they have any and if they don't we will stop in Granny's on the way back home". "The Dollar Store ain't gonna have them" He says. "You never know, you would be surprised sometimes at what they have, lets go". Off to the Dollar Store in Lewisport, no luck, over to moms, no luck, she is not there and we can't find it, off to Dollar Store in Hawesville, no luck. So we finally made it over to Tell City to Wal-Mart to get our crock pot. They had two flowery ones and two black ones. I picked up a black one, while standing in line I noticed a corner was smashed. I went back to get the other black one, only it had been opened. Whatever lol, grab the flowery one and get out of here at this point. So here is Nicholas in his blue Furbie hat holding our new seven quart flowery crock-pot at Wal-Mart. I should have got a picture lol.
 
So much for having two and a half hours to go back to sleep on before going to work, which WAS the original game plan lol.
Oh well, Nich loves our life and how we live it and so do I.
 
How much longer you just gonna let us have all the fun knucklehead? Don't you want some of this action?
 
Love ya Bambi.
 
Peace.

No comments: