Saturday, March 31, 2018

Easter Sunday


I believe this is what happened:

"a subatomic particle, 
one that no one can explain it's creation or existence, 
(other than the laws of physics allow for something to be created from nothing)
 exploded, 
(and no one knows how or why this explosion took place), 
and every piece of matter in our universe came to exist because of this.
And everything in the universe was contained in that subatomic particle.
All the billions of galaxies,
each with billions of stars.
all were contained in that subatomic particle."

I believe it.
I honestly do.
I know who caused it as well :-).
There's not but one entity that could have.

I have no problems reconciling this with the creation story in Genesis.
None.
I'll tell you why.

If God's word conveyed to the prophets can have multiple layers of meanings?
Ezekiel 37 for instance, was about much more than the dry bones representing the nation of Israel.
It contains layers of meaning that Ezekiel didn't even know he was writing about.
An onion doesn't quit being an onion because you peeled it down to the forth or fifth layer right?
Then why can't God's word be interpreted as literal when it needs to be by some?
And allegorical and metaphorical when it needs to be by others?
The Bible is a living book.
Does it make it any less true which ever way you believe it?
Does it change the fact that God did indeed create the universe, ie, heavens etc?

What was God supposed to do?
Explain subatomic particles to Moses?

I think I'm in pretty good company as well.




No comments: