Monday, March 26, 2018

THE SEVEN WORDS (Sayings) OF JESUS ON THE CROSS



THE FIRST WORD

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." 
Luke 23:34

THE SECOND WORD

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." 
Luke 23:43

THE THIRD WORD

"Jesus said to his mother: "Woman, this is your son." 
Then he said to the disciple: "This is your mother." 
John 19:26-27

THE FOURTH WORD

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" 
Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34

THE FIFTH WORD

"I thirst." 
John 19:28

THE SIXTH WORD

When Jesus had received the wine, he said, "It is finished;" 
and he bowed his head and handed over the spirit. 
John 19:30

THE SEVENTH WORD

Jesus cried out in a loud voice, 
"Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." 
Luke 23:46

I didn't find out till recently there were seven times Jesus spoke on the cross.
I did know that in the bible seven is number signifying completion.

Brother Brian made mention of this one night and I just sat there astonished.
I said, "It had to be seven right?"
He just looks at me.
"I mean it couldn't have been six or eight or any other number of times, it had to be exactly seven times right? :-)"

Of course it did.


No comments: